I have an ANZ black visa frequent flyer card and the card holder can declare any medical conditions and be covered. Was covered for a Canada Alaska, Los Angeles trip in September 2017 by QBE insurance as part of the black ANZ card.

Tried to cover a trip to Hawaii for a trip this September and now Allianz are the insurance provider and all they asked was what condition I had and few if any relevant medical questions (QBE have you fill in a form with full medical details plus height weight, age, doctor and specialist phone number and medications taken. QBE cover was $75 for a four week holiday)

Allianz asked age condition and medications and I was rejected and passed to the sales Department and was quoted $970 for travel insurance cover.

Complained to my branch manager who was sorry for what had happened but could not assist me any further.

Ended up buying full unlimited cover with another travel insurance company for $240!!!!! Way under what Allianz tried to rip me off.

Allianz are un-professional and don't look after loyal customers of ANZ as they only want to sell you high priced travel insurance packages.

I was covered by QBE insurance for two past trips to the USA for only $50 and $ 75 so that gives you an idea my condition is under control and Allianz are only interested in short term gain.

I will never again approach them for any insurance even if they were the only insurance company left on earth.

Product or Service Mentioned: Allianz Travel Insurance Travel Insurance.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 02.

Comments