My brother and I traveled to Mexico (Cabo) this past March. My brother asked me to purchase travel insurance in addition to his Blue Shield as we were going out of country and are senior citizens.

I purchased Allianz which specifically included up to 10,000 for medical.

Unfortunately my brother had near death experience due to cardiac arrest and near drowning incident - taken by ambulande to cabo hospital and treated for 4 days prior to release.

Submitted claim for travel interruption and incidental expenses - denied each and every one. Ok let's just get what medical we can (upt to 10,000 per terms of policy.

Told by Omar their rep about incidental denials and communicated to him that BLue Shield was primary told they had to have info as to what Blue paid prior to examining charges/claim. Told them Blue needed another 30 days as they lost the first paperwork - wow.

Told Allianz would wait to evaluate based upon Blue payout. My brother got a blanket denial of all claims without even seeing Blue's explanation of benefits claiming that it was not under periled items; it most clearly was medical and they are supposed to pay something according to their policy.

A very dishonest company will never purchase a policy from the again. Only profit matters not terms of policy and in direct contradiction about conducting evaluation of medical by Omar when Blue Shield explained benefits. The costs were over 13, 000 and my retired brother has not received dime one.

ALLIANZ IS A TRULY BAD TRAVEL INSURANCE CO DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. THEY WILL NOT COVER LEGIT EXPENSES.

Review about: Allianz Travel Insurance Travel Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

how’d you get your money back?